Saturday, February 9

I had one of those moments the other day...
where you feel like you are living
on a television show.
My show of choice?
The Office.
I have already been informed by my husband that
if I were a character on the office, I would be
Angela.

His reasoning? Same face shape.

Seriously? That's the best you can come up with?

More than likely it's because I am

sarcastic and at times can be

somewhat rude...

I mentioned this to him, but he reassured me

with a chuckle that seriously

it was because we have the same face shape.

The chuckle led me to think otherwise...

He was quick to tell me that she was his favorite

character on the show though.

I can see a common ground there.

Her - favorite character.

Me - favorite real person.

Take that, Angela.

I win.

~

My job is not usually like The Office,

but it would probably be funny if it was.

We have enough interesting situations to deal

with without any added drama.

But Tuesday night was different.

A different vibe was in the air.

As observed the room with a 'Jim' like quality,

I noticed something that brought out the 'Angela'

in me.

There in my coworker's hand was an urn.

An urn that was spending the evening in

the room with us...

The newest member of the Dispatch team.

Inside the urn...

Her recently deceased cat.

(Name has been withheld for privacy purposes)

Okay. Seriously. I would not lie to you.

As she carried it around the room and showed

everyone, I fought back the urge to say something...

Because I knew if I did, it could have disastrous results.

I had no idea what might come out of my mouth.

She made her way around the room.

Everyone was being polite.

Sounds of

"How Special"

"That is so sweet"

"What a lovely urn"

Were resonating through the room.

I on the other hand was texting my friends as quickly

as possible to tell them,

and trying desperately to avoid eye contact with her.

There was no way I could look her in the face and

say something polite

It was one of those times where if you don't have anything

nice to say, don't say anything at all.

If I had really been on the office, I would have been looking

around at that moment for a camera man.

I have a feeling my facial expression was

something to behold.

~

I kept myself busy pretending to be doing something

on my computer.

I shuffled papers.

I straightened my mousepad.

I did a pretend math problem on my notepad.

Apparently I was convincing.

I was not even shown the urn.

I am so lucky.

~

4 comments:

Jeremy Conner said...

That is some of the most surrealistic music I have ever heard. It's a bit different than what's in my CD rotation right now (Audioslave, Within Temptation, Shinedown, My Chemical Romance) but I might have to get some of that first band ("Sigur Ros" or whatever?) cause it sounds pretty cool - mellow but rocks a bit. I have to have stuff that rocks, if it's too mellow I can't listen to it unless I'm at the beach or enjoying a beverage.

Anonymous said...

The woman with the urn has serious issues! We just bury out pets in an unmarked grave...and we don't even place flowers on the grave...nor do we visit. Love ya, MOM

i dig musicians said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I remember you texting me to tell me about The Urn! I forgot all about that...man... That is good stuff.

Anonymous said...

oh my word. i would not be able to say something nice either. you should send this post to the office to see if they could make an episode out of that.

and angela is a great character, you should be proud to be compared to her,or she should be proud to be compared with you that is.