I can't believe I have a 3 month old!
Well close to 3 1/2 months really! Wow!
Eli is showing his personality more and more each day - he is a bit feisty
and he makes us laugh so much. He is an extremely happy baby, always smiling and cooing. He loves to be talked to and he acts silly and talks back.
He is chunky as ever and I love it! It makes him so cuddly!
His recent accomplishments include
*size 2 diapers
*Rolling over - tummy to back
*constantly chewing his hands
*lots of 'talking'
*laughing (well he's laughed a couple of times...)
*lots more alert and happy times during the day!
*consistent bedtime and sleeping all night!
*laying down to nap without crying - woohoo (that took some work!)
Tonight is a big change for him and us...
He is moving into his own room.
I'm sure he will transition just fine - he takes all his naps in there.
I think the transition for me will be harder... I like having my
baby close-by at night, but I know its important that he learn to sleep
in his room by himself.
He is doing a great job of sleeping through the night, so I am
feeling better about it, knowing he sleeps so well.
As for other news, I have started back to work full time on the midnight shift. It was one of the
most difficult things I've ever done, and believe me there were many tears shed.
Things are getting a lot easier now though. We have a very consistent routine that we
follow, and it is comforting to me to know that Eli is asleep when I leave for work and just waking up when I get home, so he doesn't even know I am away.
One of my friends is keeping him at our home during the day while I get some sleep and that has been
working out really well. She has definitely made this adjustment so much easier for me, and I am able
to rest better knowing she is here with him.
I am still breastfeeding - I've had to adjust to learning how to pump at work, but I am kind of
getting in a groove now, and things are going very well. He eats 6 times a day, so on a work day I pump twice at work and he gets two bottles while I sleep.
Anyways, that's all of our recent news. Hope everyone is having a wonderful month!


No comments:
Post a Comment